• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

whoever finds this part is a saint....8.8 e-brake related

wishihad1

NAXJA Forum User
hey everybody

well my friend and i did 8.8 swaps about a year ago, and its getting time to get the jeeps inspected. when the got the 8.8s they were in really good shape, but the e-brakes were toast, and we dont use them anyhow so we scrapped EVERY part of them.

now hindsight we should have kept them just to pass inspection...but too late now. ive found the pads, and the hardware kit which comes with all the little springs, and pins and such.

but the last part i cant find is the arm which comes out of the backing plate to hook the the e-brake line. i could have sworn i saw it on napas website a while back, but i just spent an hour looking for it, and i cant find it

heres what ive got
http://www.napaonline.com/MasterPag...ption=Brake+Shoe+Hardware+Kit+-+Parking+Brake

http://www.napaonline.com/MasterPag...ergency+"Parking"+Brake+Shoes+-+Ultra+Premium

but without the arm were still at square 1...hopefully somebody will know what im talking about

thanks

Why don't you spend alittle time in the junkyard instead of a lot of money at the dealer, LOTS of different ford models came with the 8.8 rear in it, explorers,navajos,rangers,mustangs,crown vics,etc. there is no reason you can't find one if you really try. That's how I got mine.

Why don't you spend alittle time in the junkyard instead of a lot of money at the dealer, LOTS of different ford models came with the 8.8 rear in it, explorers,navajos,rangers,mustangs,crown vics,etc. there is no reason you can't find one if you really try. That's how I got mine.

Who said I didn't? The closest PAP is an hour drive each way and rarely have anything newer that 95 there and it get's picked over fast. When I was there I couldn't find anything and it wasn't worth making a special trip there if something came in.

I would of thought with all the aftermarket rear disc brake kits using explorer brakes something would of been available, but I had no luck finding something other that from the dealer.

I checked with them for those exact same parts when I did mine and they told me it would be around $100 for for all 4 pieces, there are 2 pieces that work together to make the e brake work, I just laughed and hung up the phone and started searching, I didn't say you didn't try I just meant that they are very popular I guess I was just lucky a place in PA had a bunch of 8.8's to choose from and it was right near my favorite off road park.

Last edited:
prolly talking about harrys near paragon or ezpull near Raush Creek - anyway, WOW I just set up my parking brakes on my 8.8 today and one of those things you're talking about was rusty and seized so it wouldn't pivot anymore - I just popped it apart and sleaned it up with some sandpaper and a little PB blaster and its good as new now

Back