• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best Trans Temp Gauge

jeepnatv4life

NAXJA Forum User
WHich gauge and setup is the best to get.... The B&M from summit looks like a great setup and has been done in many write ups but it looks to be TOO BROAD of a gauge the range goes up to like 350F.

What do u use or reccomend getting?? PIX?

why do you need a trans temp gauge?

Jeep144.jpg

B&M, not lit up, but you get the picture. Normal temp dosn't even register (>120*). Hills and traffic, it has been known to register up to 180*. I am going to move the power of the dimmer to keyed 12V. Think it was 34 bucks shipped on ebay.

I have one that reads from 100* to 250*. Most highway cruises, the guage do not move. On highway uphills it could go as high as 130*. I have seen it on occations get as high as 180* in the summer heat and rush hour traffic in South Florida.

I understand that 180* is the optimum operating temperature for the ATF.

To see what temps the trans is running while wheeling of course... Why would u ask that?
because are you honestly worried about your tranny overheating that bad while wheeling? do you have a cooler on it? that should be all you need. my exhaust has been bent up onto my tranny pan causing my fluid to get hot but my cooler helps that out. i have never been worried about the tranny over heating. esp down here in the hot alabama sun.

Back