• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

high steer tabs

emr1101

NAXJA Forum User
Hey im sure you all have seen the add-on brackets that OffRoad Only and Rocky road put in their kits for high steer, they look cheap to make, does any company make them? It would be nice to buy one instead of an entire teraknuckle or something else. What do you guys think?

I have been thinking of getting the BTF bracket for a while, but yesterday i notice the disclaimer at the bottom that says it fits Xjs but not Tjs. I was always under the impression that XJs and TJs used the same mounts on the axle, can anyone confirm this?

That bracket looks pretty sweet. Anyone have one installed with a pic and how you like it?

I have been thinking of getting the BTF bracket for a while, but yesterday i notice the disclaimer at the bottom that says it fits Xjs but not Tjs. I was always under the impression that XJs and TJs used the same mounts on the axle, can anyone confirm this?

Well they did say it would require slight modification. Plus, I figure BTF knows what they are talking about when it comes to jeeps lol. Looks like a great option though.

That bracket looks pretty sweet. Anyone have one installed with a pic and how you like it?

x2 Anyone running this? It's listed as #1 on their bestsellers list so someone on here must have it... There's no reviews on their website for this product and I would be curious to get some first hand info. I imagine you'd have to get (or make) a custom draglink and tie rod for it?

I emailed them to yesterday to get pics of it installed but havent gotten a word back. If my funds allow after i do my axle swap, ill just buy this bracket and test it out.

The only thing i see that really concerns me is its size, that bracket looks huge to be bolted onto that "little" knuckle but really im more worried about clearance issues with it.

That bracket looks pretty good, I'd run it. I almost built one similar to it a long time ago, tie into a couple of the hub bolts and double shear the tie rod end drilling and tapping a couple holes in the arm of the knuckle. Really, a sweet solution. I don't see why the drag link has to be mounted that far over, away from the knuckle, but it shouldn't hurt anything and it would make the drag link and track bar lengths closer to each other. Not bad for 150 bucks. You could easily drill and tap the drivers side knuckle in the same spot and add a plate to double shear the tie rod above the drivers side knuckle......if you didn't like single shear.

Yeah like i said im just waiting for BTF to email me back and im gonna pull the trigger on it. I like the double sheer idea i might do that if i feel that the single isnt to my liking. Im gonna order the 3/4x5/8 heims from Dan @ Ruff Stuff and should be easy working from there.

Last edited:
I like the BTF one but still want to run TRE's. I may have to look into that JB4x4 one. The price is right either way and lets me get away from the inverted T.

I like the BTF one but still want to run TRE's. I may have to look into that JB4x4 one. The price is right either way and lets me get away from the inverted T.

Can we run the BTF with TREs? Im not sure by looking at it (also could someone help me out with double shear? Im unsure what this means, and i searched, it seems to be common knowledge)

Double shear would mean that the hiem is supported on both sides. The bolt goes through one plate, then the hiem, then the other plate.

Single shear is just the hiem bolted to one plate.

I used the BTF bracket and initially had issues because the tab where the drag link connects to would hit the coil spring after a few degrees when turning left. I ended up cutting down the bracket about an inch or so and drilled a new 5/8 hole in it and it works great. I did weld a new plate to help support the area on the bracket for support.

I will take a few pics tomorrow...

I used the BTF bracket and initially had issues because the tab where the drag link connects to would hit the coil spring after a few degrees when turning left. I ended up cutting down the bracket about an inch or so and drilled a new 5/8 hole in it and it works great. I did weld a new plate to help support the area on the bracket for support.

I will take a few pics tomorrow...

Please, that would be awesome. Thanks man.

The only thing i see that really concerns me is its size, that bracket looks huge to be bolted onto that "little" knuckle but really im more worried about clearance issues with it.

[FONT=&quot]I too would like to see one used in an XJ.
I wonder how much modification it would need besides higher sway-bar brackets and a raised axle-side trac-bar bracket.
[/FONT]

Already have the JKS OTA Trac Bar bracket and 2" extended sway bar mounts but i do think it will have clearance issues with where they are at now.

My sway bar mounts were done pretty booty fabed so im sure ill have to redo them anyways.

Back