• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

aw4 controlled shifting...i hate wiring

wishihad1

NAXJA Forum User
well everybody

im thinking about running this shifter
http://radesignsproducts.com/default.aspx
there are a lot of times when i want to be able to hold 1st gear, or start off in 2nd or 3rd to keep spinning down. it looks like a good product, its cheap, and i see quite a few people on pirate running them with no problems

but i see that is requires a seperate switch to control TC lockup.

now there are 2 problems with this
1) i dont know what that means, or what it does, or how i would need to use it

and 2) i have no clue how to wire that

i figure the shifter is easy enough. 3 wires, and the directions tell you where to splice into. but it leaves you in the open when it comes to the TC lock up

and i see a lot of people running it with switches or lights. dont know about that either

thanks for any help

lights are way too complicated.
the switch, you just need to splice into a third wire to run the torque converter.
if you don't know what everything means you really need to do more research

I have a 3 position switch for TC lockup. on, off, auto. I used a DPDT switch, one way sends 12v to the lockup, middle is off, and the auto setting has it wired as normal from the TCU to the solenoid.

ok....well i did a little researching on torque converters and what not, and have figured out their function on and offroad, and the advantages of being able to turn them on and off.

with that said, im probably going to forget the lights. with that shifter ill be able to see what gear its in anyways, so ill have no need for lights. only thing i need to figure out is how to wire the TC switch into the system

any help there?

thanks

ok....well i did a little researching on torque converters and what not, and have figured out their function on and offroad, and the advantages of being able to turn them on and off.

with that said, im probably going to forget the lights. with that shifter ill be able to see what gear its in anyways, so ill have no need for lights. only thing i need to figure out is how to wire the TC switch into the system

any help there?

thanks
what year machine?

Go to the cherokee section of JeepForum and look in the FAQ/tech info sticky. Scroll down to the trans/TC section and there are multiple writeups on how to tap into the wiring and make these switches.

Back