• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

First timer

homebrew

NAXJA Forum User
Hey just paid for my first membership yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Anyway I live out in moreno valley, I want to go wheeling this weekend looking for some peeps to show me around this would be my first time wheeling in cali, I've only taken my jeep off road a few times, but that was in Hawaii. Looking for some place that is not that far 50 miles or so. My jeep is My DD looking for some light to moderate wheeling. If anyone is interested in going hit me up. Thanks Paul

Welcome to the RED side!!

Hey Paul!

Welcome to the group....RED group that is....

I do believe there are some folks in Big Bear this weekend, look through the posts. I think it is Sunday and they are going to run Holcomb Creek. If your XJ is stock, I would not take it on that trail.

There is a group meeting on OCt 15th and running Cleghorn. Probably a great place for you to go, meet some folks, and get a little wheeling in.

Then on Oct 21st, I have a run planned up in Big Bear both Saturday and Sunday.

[url]http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=97953

Tell us about your Jeep: lift, tires, armor, plans....

Robert

Last edited:
Jeep details

91 XJ sport 2dr 5 speed that I scored for 800 bucks

So far I have added/replaced
New windshield

3 inch Rc lift + 2 inch spacer at about 4.5 now
tomken LCA RE UCA's

32 BFG's Mud type on black rock crawler rims

Fenders trimmed no flares

Home made cold air intake Cost 40 bucks.

D30/35 open

Plans are to build an exo cage and add some armor underside. right now it is naked under there.

It is all black except my white walls. I was thinking about selling it, but just got back for Utah I saw about 50 built rigs while I was there, changed my mind as it brought a tear to my eye. I would like to become more active in the off road community, but I am stationed on a ship that is gonna be gone a lot, I guess I will just count it as time to save for more upgrades =)

thanks for supporting NAXJA! Now enjoy the dumpster!

homebrew said:
J

D30/35 open

Plans are to build an exo cage and add some armor underside. right now it is naked under there.

...I guess I will just count it as time to save for more upgrades =)

If you are going to build an exo cage, I'd highly recommend saving up for a stronger rear axle first, before adding the exo cage. the cage will add extra weight and chances of breaking your D35 will increase.

If you are going to be gone frequently, save lots of mooola and buy all of your parts and do it all at the same time. Its a nice feeling when your done

Here's a pic hopefully

963276450107_0_ALB.jpg

Welcome, come out to Big Bear for ROCKTOBERFEST on the weekend of OCT 21-22. Sounds like a nice XJ, post some pics in the pic showcase. Oh, what are peeps?

peeps ='s people

homebrew said:
Hey just paid for my first membership yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Anyway I live out in moreno valley, I want to go wheeling this weekend looking for some peeps to show me around this would be my first time wheeling in cali, I've only taken my jeep off road a few times, but that was in Hawaii. Looking for some place that is not that far 50 miles or so. My jeep is My DD looking for some light to moderate wheeling. If anyone is interested in going hit me up. Thanks Paul

Use the red force homebrew!

hey guys it was great to meet you guys and get back on the trails.Wish I could have stayed longer but needed some time with the family, Im stationed on a ship in san diego, we are only going to be home like two weeks between now and christmas so im trying to be home as much as possible. Hoping to make it to calico ships schedule permitting.

Back