• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Halloween in Glamis...

backpack96

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everyone,
I'm going to be in Glamis the weekend before halloween (27-29 i think?? / fri, sat and sun.) with a big group of friends. I just thought I'd open the invitation to anyone and everyone. So far theres at least 8 rigs going and ALOT of people. If any of you are interested, let me know and ill get you our campsite directions/coordinates.

Also, my old roommate works for toyota on the FJ Cruiser advertising campaign. Word is that they might be out there takin people for rides and maybe some test drives in the dunes.

backpack :pirate1:

Keep an eye out, I've heard the knuckleheads with Dirt Alliance are going to be out there. Steer clear of that party.....

whats wrong with those guys there just a bunch of rowdy kids, i know a few guys from there crew and there pretty cool. and when we go out there theres never been a prob, we get just as crazy as they do.:cheers:
100_0956.jpg

ill be in this
100_0965.jpg

Last edited:
If you have never been, this is worth trying once in your life. Its not really for kids or wives on this weekend, its kinda opening day. There is a whole other world out there and this place is @%$^ crazy. I can handle it about once a year, but Im old compared to most out there.
KH

I'll be at Gordons Well that weekend. I have been going out there since day 1. I love the desert. I know Gordon's allot better than Glamis, but I usually do a trip from Gordon's to Glamis in the Cherokee that is always fun.

well be there the weekend before halloweend. there is plenty of places where you can go and not see anyone for miles.

I do have to say that i know some guys from dirt alliance and i've been to a few of their parties. Yeah, they can definately be knuckle heads...but some, or i might even go as far as to say most, are pretty decent. There's definately a few a$$hole bro's who give the lot a bad reputation.

I was supposed to be going that weekend, unfortuantely because of other obligations my party has pushed our first trip of the season back 2 weeks... I'll be out there for new years, presidents, and easter though.

IslanderOffRoad said:
I was supposed to be going that weekend, unfortuantely because of other obligations my party has pushed our first trip of the season back 2 weeks... I'll be out there for new years, presidents, and easter though.
Not Thanksgiving?

I spend ten days during Thanksgiving out at Gordon's Well...
ten days during New Years....
then I get back to normal and spend three or four more days during the
other holidays....
all at Gordon's Well....
But the last weekend of October is traditionaly 'Borrego Days' out here and with the parade of beers (as well as a standard parade) I like to hang out here....
There is also the 'Spook Run' out at Ocotillo Wells that Sat. night that can be a lot of fun....although rather dusty at times. :D
Rick R

Jump This said:
Not Thanksgiving?

other holidays....
all at Gordon's Well....
But the last weekend of October is traditionaly 'Borrego Days' out here and with the parade of beers (as well as a standard parade) I like to hang out here....
There is also the 'Spook Run' out at Ocotillo Wells that Sat. night that can be a lot of fun....although rather dusty at times. :D
Rick R

Do you have any type of motorcycle that you bring out there?
Do you bring your jeep?
We need to kick it when we are both out there sometime. I go for all the major holidays and many times in between (as money allows). How awesome is it that gas prices are down a little bit right in time for desert season. Lets just hope they stay that way.
:cheers:

GLAMIS -
8.jpg

I bring the Jeep. The two buggies (my namesake Jump This and my wifes Jumped That) along with my son's YZ.
Motorhome...big trailer....and 108 Gal. of race fuel!!
Ahhhh...I LOVE the sand!
Rick R

Jump This said:
Not Thanksgiving?

other holidays....
all at Gordon's Well....
Rick R

Thanksgiving weekend is the weekend of the big sea scout competition in southern cal, so as an adult leader for them thats where I end up.

When I do get out there, we should all meet up.

Lets get everyone out there for New Years Day.
I mean everyone!
I want to see Troys ton o fun run in the sand!
How about it boys? New Years at Gordon's Well?
Rick R

New years is over a weekend so it should be doable for me.

Back