• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Finished CO2 mount

SnagglePuss

NAXJA Forum User
Got a tank from local fire supply and a PowerTank bracket. Cut off the little tab thing for spare tire, drilled holes thru the plastic and used 4 lag bolts.

DSC02403.JPG

DSC02404.JPG

Looks good man. I'm currently collecting parts for this myself. About how much did the tank go for, if you don't mind me asking?

any additional info on your setup that you can share would be appreciated...
what kinda regulator? plan on running power tools?
any additional stuff needed ?

any additional info on your setup that you can share would be appreciated...
what kinda regulator? plan on running power tools?
any additional stuff needed ?

I got a fixed 100 psi regulator from here:
https://weldingsupply.securesites.com/cgi-bin/einstein.pl?Next::1:UNDEF:OR:terms::PK
They have more available and advise you on the best for your app if you call.

I'm going to attach a small manifold to the regulator so I have more than 1 outlet for my ARB and airhose for tires/tools.

Is it just hooked into the plastic? yikes.

Any reason why you didn't leave the spare tire "foot" in place to set the weight of the cylinder on it and take some stress off of the bolts holding it vertical? Considering the full aluminum cylinder weighs in at about 45 pounds, it's quite a lot of weight to hang off that sheetmetal underneath the plastic trim.

Mine is mounted to a similar holder but is bolted to the floor and the floor mounted spares box. I also run a ratchet strap around it to make sure it won't go anywhere.

Something to think about? :dunno:

Great place to put the bottle. I always find that spot to be a catch all for the misc. loose articles when packing for a trip. I have been hestitant to bring a 10lb because of space restrictions. I do have to say that lags through sheet metal may be insufficient anchor material for such a heavy bottle though. Further reinforcement should be considered.

That's helpful.

When you can, get it swapped for aluminum. That'll shave a few more pounds off and make it a little easier to handle as the cylinder bottom is flat as opposed to fluted like the steel bottle.

It's all good. Simple, cheep and clean.
I like the idea in general BUT would some how like to retain the stock or mod spare tire gear. I would only carry the tank when offing and would keep the spare there the rest of the time. Just over thinking again

It's all good. Simple, cheep and clean.
I like the idea in general BUT would some how like to retain the stock or mod spare tire gear. I would only carry the tank when offing and would keep the spare there the rest of the time. Just over thinking again

Bolt it to the rim on your spare tire through the lug holes.

I do have to say that lags through sheet metal may be insufficient anchor material for such a heavy bottle though. Further reinforcement should be considered.

I agree with being concerned about the lag screws pulling out. I've considered the same location but using a backing plate and bolts. . .

Back