• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

daystar evs jounce bumpers?

I think they came out with a great product. I've planned to add them to the shocks on the XJ, I just haven't driven it in awhile since building the buggy. I used shaft bumps exclusively on the coilovers on the buggy until I raced KOH, then I added air bumps to the front, but the shaft bumps worked.

cool, thanks. I've ordered the prothane coil spring inserts for the front and will need something for the back to protect my new shocks. You think the daystars would be enough by themselves? It'd definately be the easyist route, and cheap too.

I think so, we use shaft only bumps on coilovers. Get the harder ones, they come soft and hard. Make sure you're shock mounts are in good shape and check them now and then.

I got the black ones. The back of the package has a graph showing resistance vs. compression. Doesn't look very stiff.

DSC01615.jpg

This was a PITA to get on. Maybe it's because I only weigh 155, but I couldn't get it over the install tool at room temp. But when I set it in almost boiling water for a minute it slid right on.

If they don't let the shock bottom out, they're working. I need to get some and try them.

I think they came out with a great product. I've planned to add them to the shocks on the XJ, I just haven't driven it in awhile since building the buggy. I used shaft bumps exclusively on the coilovers on the buggy until I raced KOH, then I added air bumps to the front, but the shaft bumps worked.

How hard were they to remove? I'm thinking about getting some but want to get different shocks sometime in the future.

They don't look like they're made to come off. Looks like you'd have to buy more for new shocks.

They worked great on the front of my junk, in addition to a poly bump insode the coil spring. The stiff variety is perfect. I moved them to the back of my junk and run them so they begin compressing 1" before the OEM rubber bump kicks in.

im thinking about buying a set for the front. and the rear later on, im assuming you had difficulty getting them on the rear? or the shocks with eyes at both ends

I have the red edelbrock shocks which mount piston up, so the bumps went over the eye on each. Some shocks with stems still have a flat plate that the bump would need to slide over, that's what the tool is for. If your shock doesn't have that you don't need the tool.

How hard were they to remove? I'm thinking about getting some but want to get different shocks sometime in the future.

They don't look like they're made to come off. Looks like you'd have to buy more for new shocks.

cut the shock pistons, then they'll come off :confused1

though, thats not really an option on say... any shock worth money.

cut the shock pistons, then they'll come off :confused1

though, thats not really an option on say... any shock worth money.

Good point. I don't know why I didn't think about that.

Plus then I could reweld it THEN sell them!! :doh:

I have the red edelbrock shocks which mount piston up, so the bumps went over the eye on each. Some shocks with stems still have a flat plate that the bump would need to slide over, that's what the tool is for. If your shock doesn't have that you don't need the tool.

ahh cool, my bilsteins dont have that plate so that saves me 15 bucks

Back