• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

KM2 backorder?

98CherokeeSport

NAXJA Forum User
So is anyone having problems with the KM2s being backordered? the last time i heard (which was a few months ago) it was taking quite a while to get a set of tires.

I too would like to know the story behind the KM2s. Obviously it's next to impossible to get the original BFG MTs anymore, but what's taking so damn long on the KM2s?! I want to buy a set of 33s later this summer and they're my #1 choice...

:bs:I odrdered mine on a monday they came in on wednesday. 35x12.5 R15
Got em from Big O
Nice tires I love em.

ok so i just talked to a guy at 4wheelparts and he said the backorder time is 5 to 6 weeks as of right now on the 33x12.50 KM2s

ya the 33s cost 201 and the 35s are 196. im guessing this is because of the popularity of the 33s. im thinking of just getting the 35s so i dont have to wait that long

so are these KM2s really worth the wait? are they really as good as everyone says they are?

BaReido is the only one i know of that runs these. he has a set of 35s. but i would guess they do well since there is such a long backorder from people ordering them.

I run a set of 35" KM2s. I love them. They are very quiet on the road compared to my regular BFG MT's. Offroad in the rocks and mud they performed very well. Excellent sidewall flex and I have not had any issues with them. I have about 3000 miles on them and had them since mid December 08.

cost-co can get the 33"s in with in a few days...

they are out there...

ya i just called costco and you are right. they can have them there in a week for $203.99 a piece

they have a BFG sale going on right now where its $70 off a set of 4 also...

2 days ago I called the regional director of 4wheelparts(KM2s largest seller in the world). BFG just contacted him and told him they are having "technical issues" and stopped production on all KM2 tires! The 35" KM2s will start production again on September 1st. The 31" will start being built again as soon as May.

Some warehouses still have some so I would snag them up if you can. I was going to get mine at truckfest next week but I guess not :(

2 days ago I called the regional director of 4wheelparts(KM2s largest seller in the world). BFG just contacted him and told him they are having "technical issues" and stopped production on all KM2 tires! The 35" KM2s will start production again on September 1st. The 31" will start being built again as soon as May.

Some warehouses still have some so I would snag them up if you can. I was going to get mine at truckfest next week but I guess not :(

well good thing i got the last set of 31's at 4wheelparts of cleveland a week ago and for 152.00 a tire on sale at tire package 4 wheel parts whole sale tire site

Is BFG committing corporate suicide? I've got freinds who have had BFG ATs on order for over 10 months, and apparently they don't make any sort of MT any more. It took them forever to get them out in the first place, now it's "technical issues?!" Not to mention they discontinued the conventional MTs a long while ago...

It's the same as if I decided to just completely quit my job in hopes of finding a better one, but spent my time laying on the couch instead.

[/rant]

So, I guess it's back to tire shopping for me.

Back