• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How to measure lift

joeyschribar

NAXJA Forum User
On my XJ i was wondering how much lift i got, well
i measured at ride height i get 12.5 inches from the top of the axle tube to the bottom of the uni frame rail directly above it,
at ride height. (the front axle)

i built my own diffs, and went with front leafs and am now worried i got TOO much lift, i mean my driveshaft has to be lengthened to reach it even.
Maybe someone knows a stock XJ measurement i can go off of or something, but i relaly want to know how much lift is on this rig.
thanks.

im sorry, i searched and found my own answer, it turns out i have about 6 inches of lift or so

i guess thats going to have to do, sure looks like im going ot have to lengthen my front driveshaft to reach it, maybe im wrong tho.

Be careful with the compressed length of the drive shaft if you make it longer. A lot of the broken transfer cases you see are because a drive shaft compressed all the way during a violent landing/bounce, and forced the transfer case back until it broke. Might have to consider an extended travel or long travel slip joint.

Yes please do, do you mean square tube inside another square tube?

Back