• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LTB or Bogger?

CherokeeCrawler88

NAXJA Forum User
down in mississippi we mostly have thick mud and hill climbs steep hills and log climbs. I have 6.5" lift with 4.88 gears locked front and rear with 30 front and 8.8 rear. I wanna run either the new 35x12.50 LTBS or I like the 35x10.50 Boggers.

Boggers on the rear ,TSL/SX'S on the front

i ran 35s on a locked dana 30 for a couple years with no problems...that said i would never run a 35 inch bogger on a 30. boggers have a lot of bite. they dont really gradually get traction. they just bite, and either you go, or something breaks. id run the ltbs and even then be light on the skinny

down in mississippi we mostly have thick mud and hill climbs steep hills and log climbs. I have 6.5" lift with 4.88 gears locked front and rear with 30 front and 8.8 rear. I wanna run either the new 35x12.50 LTBS or I like the 35x10.50 Boggers.

My geography is a little different than yours.
This may sound dumb.
Whats a log climb?

its where you have a muddy hill and and have trees laid down about a foot apart and its hard to climb because it has mudd all over it. its tricky. will the dana 30 hold up to 36x12.50 SX

its where you have a muddy hill and and have trees laid down about a foot apart and its hard to climb because it has mudd all over it. its tricky. will the dana 30 hold up to 36x12.50 SX

No and in some instances neither will a D44.

i do have yukon 4340 chromoly shafts with super joints and solid diff cover and a truss if that will help at all. With 33" boggers it holds up to all the abuse,im thinking it should hold up to 35s just may be a little bit less safety cushion.

i do have yukon 4340 chromoly shafts with super joints and solid diff cover and a truss if that will help at all. With 33" boggers it holds up to all the abuse,im thinking it should hold up to 35s just may be a little bit less safety cushion.
I would guess it would be ok on 35's. However, remember that those are both high traction tires. :gee:

Back