• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone running 36's in xj?

BlueRig00

NAXJA Forum User
i know 35's is popular, just wanted to see if anyone with 36's could chime in... also wondering how much of trimming you have in the rear.

btw i have 2000 XJ 4-door, Rubicon Express front 5.5' springs, 1 inch spacers and rear 4.5 springs, 1.5" lift shackles

i know 35's is popular, just wanted to see if anyone with 36's could chime in... also wondering how much of trimming you have in the rear.

btw i have 2000 XJ 4-door, Rubicon Express front 5.5' springs, 1 inch spacers and rear 4.5 springs, 1.5" lift shackles

2000, My brother ran 36's Iroks for a while with no issues. 7.5" lift and Bushwackers.

1998, I run 35 13.50's with 7.0" lift, bushwackers, bumpstopped at 2.75" up travel and additional front fender trimming. Rubbed bad when I turned left fully collapsed.

trimmed to the pinch seam, folded over, and massaged with a hammer

Heres my 2000 on 37"s

4.88's, alloys, trussed D44 and HP30

CIMG0939.jpg

got built axles??? if you check no then dont even worry about 36's....or 35's.

[No]

No problem's whatsoever 35's. Well, small disclaimer. Yukon shafts rear, but theyre 27 spline
IMG_0706.jpg

IMG_0213.jpg

Last edited:
wow.. i didn t excepted that much of responds, but would like to thanks to all that chimed in. okay for everyone's question to me i'll post it up here. I'm new to this Jeep scene. I bought modified 2000 XJ from a buddy of mine.

Here's the info on my Jeep:
-front is dana 30, Fully Gusseted and rear is dana 44, 33 spline Alloy w/ 4.88's (that's what he told me so I dont know if this is good)
- as for trimming fenders, he did some and i finished off but for the rear i guess I'll have to add longer bump stop
- i had a 35" claw then i upgrade to 36" tsl

I'll try to get some pics of my xj.

I personally dont wheel my truck hard, and just about everyone who knows me will say im being modest.

However I don't trust the D30 with anything bigger than 35's locked really...

But you DEFF have 2 great axles in there, and I guess if you just go easy you should be all set. If you were running something like 36" competition tires that are going to grip like mad, then I would say dont even consider it. Either way, keep some spare front shafts.

The only reason why I dont like the idea as I have seen a Dana 30 break a shaft with even 28 inch tires..... It would be cheaper and smarter to build 44 up front in the long run and not have to always be worrying about babysitting your 30 because of such a big tire.

It would be more expensive but smarter to build D60 up front in the long run and not have to always be worrying about babysitting your 30 because of such a big tire.

Fixed it for ya ;)

I'd say the one that broke on 28" tires had the smaller joint, and it was probably bad to begin with.... just a guess.
I did manage to break a couple of those (small joint 30 shafts) locked on 33s, but once I upgraded, I haven't had issues. Well see how the MJ does this summer on 35s, but I will have spares, and feel I will be using them.

Last edited:
Back