• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lock Right Problem

wheelinscott

NAXJA Forum User
ok so i installed my lockright into my jeep (93xj auto 8.25 27 spline) tonight. went to take my friend home and when pulling out on the road turning left (if that matters) it ratches and wont stop ratcheting to where i cant go forward. i just wanted i guess a troubleshooting list to help me out. i also lost one of the small springs and replaced it with one i had laying around that i thought was close would that be it??

im gonna take it apart manana (if i have time) and put it back together to see if i did something wrong. :flamemad:

TIA
:dunno:

The spring could be the culprit although I have no personal experience with that problem. I have this exact set up and I can tell you it shouldn't have any ratcheting noises nor should you feel it until you step on it around a corner.

I heard that when you break a shear pin, the locker will engage and stay engaged. Dont know that for sure though. I bought an extra pin and spring kit from the manufature and keep it in my tool box for this reason. I'd suggest that you consider doing the same. Oh, and look for your spring..you'll probably need it.

If you do a search, you should find all kinds of information pertaining to the install and problem solving the issue.

Back