• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift Question...

SoreRunner

NAXJA Forum User
1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9. Is it worth spending an additional 1400.00 on one inch of lift and long arms through Rubicon Express? Or is the 1500.00 dollar 4.5 flex kit going to perform just as well?

What's your goal with the rig?

Pavement pounder lifted just for looks?

Hardcore wheeler?

If you're gonna wheel it and want longarms, Clayton's is the way to go over RE for ZJ LA's for sure.

John

Well, weekend fun rig to start out with. Then in the future all the way for sure. The paint is still clean on the rig, currently. I'm still pondering the idea of even if I should wheel right now. In the back of my mind I see it being a Jeep and at that, it deff. needs to be wheeled. But...should I? Would you? I just recently purchased it with the intention of getting it dirty in the TSF. Now (The Wife) says, "Mildly!" LOL! With this said, I too am starting to wonder...

Avanteone

Are you saying go 7 inches of lift? So spend 3000.00? If going this route, would require NP231, axle's, shocks, and lift kit. This just jumped the cost way up! Or do you know about other kits they offer not on their dot com. I'm trying to figure out a way to go, with little options for quality. I wouldn't mind having the Clayton kit, but is a lift worth roughly 5000.00 when not used for rock crawling?

Lol, just sold my XJ to NW-XJ-Scott aka my Brother-In-Law!

Trust me...I know about cost differences, after having this 5.9 at the gas station too!

I did think about this though, when I purchased it.

Ok, I kinda left something out. His has a poorly put together 5 inch lift. It's all worn out. Imagine a lot of noises on the smallest of bumps. I need to start fresh and replace everything. Problem though! Rolling 32 inch tires. Cant go less then 4.5 inch lift or lift and tire package.

Avanteone

Are you saying go 7 inches of lift? So spend 3000.00? If going this route, would require NP231, axle's, shocks, and lift kit. This just jumped the cost way up! Or do you know about other kits they offer not on their dot com. I'm trying to figure out a way to go, with little options for quality. I wouldn't mind having the Clayton kit, but is a lift worth roughly 5000.00 when not used for rock crawling?

Not the whole kit, do just their LA kit.

Is there any 100% BOLT-ON lifts you would recommend? I have no tools or skills to weld a lift on. Intention is to buy, receive, bolt on! Not take somewhere, give them 3,000-5,000 dollars for fabrication right now. Eventually I will, but currently, it is a grocery getter, mall crawler, weekend wheeler.

Seems like everything for Grand Cherokee's are expensive.
The only thing I think the grand stand for in grand cherokee is its going to cost you at least a grand to fix it when something goes wrong. Dam fuel pump in my XJ is like $52 and the one I just replaced for my aunt in her grand cherokee was $300 :bs: Thats crazy

Is there any 100% BOLT-ON lifts you would recommend? I have no tools or skills to weld a lift on. Intention is to buy, receive, bolt on! Not take somewhere, give them 3,000-5,000 dollars for fabrication right now. Eventually I will, but currently, it is a grocery getter, mall crawler, weekend wheeler.

Short arms are bolt on.

The RE Longarm kit for the ZJ is bolt on, but I would NOT recommend that kit.

There are some things that are just better to weld on. The advantage of the Clayton's kit is you don't HAVE to pay a shop for the entire install. You can just have the brackets welded on, then go home and disassemble your suspension and assemble the longarms.

J

Back