• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How to "add on" stabilizer??

mgreen84

NAXJA Forum User
I am currently installing Drop Brackets and putting on the Currie Steering setup (drag link and tie rod assembly)on my 98 that I got for FREE from a buddy off of his former trail rig.... By looking on the web I see that originally this setup came with the "add on" brackets and hardware to put on a steering stabilizer, because of course the currie unit does not have the mounting hole like the stock one.... however the friend that I got the steering setup from didn't use the stabilizer on his strictly off road trailer queen, so my question is how or where could I come up with the hardware needed to put on a stabilizer..... rustys has a kit for an "ADD ON" stabilzer but its $70+ and I don't really see paying that for what is essentially nuts and bolts and a shock.... I wouldn't worry about it but I use my rig on the highway alot and it tends to wander and such without it.... thanks

i dont see how a stabilizer will stop it from wondering. do the drop brackets, currie steering and get it aligned and see if you even need the stabilizer.

you may not need it.

if you need it, do a google search for stabilizer or steering dampner brackets. it doesn need to be xj specific and there are probably kits out there.

for shits and giggle i will see what i can find.

well i was wrong, cant find just the brackets, but the bracket just needs to hold the ends of the stabilizer and u-bolts hold the bracket. can you weld?

Last edited:
I drove it several times before with only a zj tie rod and upgraded TRE's and no SS... and it had a loose, vague, wandering or some weird feeling to it on the interstate... thats why I want to add one to this setup... thanks for the help

I drove it several times before with only a zj tie rod and upgraded TRE's and no SS... and it had a loose, vague, wandering or some weird feeling to it on the interstate... thats why I want to add one to this setup... thanks for the help

that could be caused by having bad caster angles which will hopefully get fixed by the drop brackets.

doesnt currie sell the bracket for the stabilizer.

found it

http://www.currieenterprises.com/cestore/product.aspx?id=1223

Last edited:
Back