• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Noob question

98CherokeeSport

NAXJA Forum User
i know this has probly been asked a lot. but here it is. i have a 1998 cherokee sport with stock axles. i was looking at the rear end the other day and i didnt see any Dana symbol that would tell me it is a dana 35. i did see a chrysler symbol though. do i have the 8.25 or the 35?

Last edited:
also want to add that if it has abs, then most likely its the d35, no abs then its the 8.25.

the flat bottom edge of the housing is the most distinguishing way to tell its the 8.25

no i dont have abs. im pretty sure it is a chrysler. how strong are these rear ends?

Last edited:
it is about 90% daily driver and the weekend wheeler about twice a month if im lucky. would it be good for just this if i put alloy shafts and a locker in it?

it is about 90% daily driver and the weekend wheeler about twice a month if im lucky. would it be good for just this if i put alloy shafts and a locker in it?

You will be fine with the stock shafts. I'm running locked with 33's and I'm not easy on mine. JIM.

ok sweet thats exactly what im looking for

here is a chart of some rear ends. not all of them come stock on the xj, but are commonly swapped in with some fab work.

jeepdiferentialssl3.jpg

Back