• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

the heep wont pass smog!!!

exhaust is punctured... thats the onyl reason i could tell. they say the vaccuum lines are all bad which i think is b.s. idk what else to do, im getting a new exhaust then idk..

metal tape, can of seafoam, oil change, new plugs...might help

holes in the exhaust cause for the tail pipe sniffer to read that it is diluted and wont run the dyno test if it cant get a proper reading

thats why im trying to get this done lol!!! its a 90 limited. the other thing is that they said i cant have it tested with the lockers in the axles. which is also total b.s.!!! i need to find the schematic for the vacuum lines. i should get ngks or iridiums for spark plugs?

Champion truck plugs, Quality gas, and sea foam or lucas fuel treatment. There aren't that many vac hoses that I remember, shouldnt be to hard to trace meassure and replace.

I feel your pain. It's time to smog our '89.
Don't forget the pre-heater hose from the exhaust to air cleaner.
Gas caps often need replacement if the gasket doesn't seal.
Don't mention the lockers, it doesn't matter and they don't need to know.
I found a schematic for the vacuum lines around here a few days ago and copied it. If you can't find it send a note and I'll email it to you.
The vacuum bottle is only used for the heater and cruise (if you have it), it shouldn't matter for smog.

Mike
MikesPhotospace(AT)Gmail

thats why im trying to get this done lol!!! its a 90 limited. the other thing is that they said i cant have it tested with the lockers in the axles. which is also total b.s.!!! i need to find the schematic for the vacuum lines. i should get ngks or iridiums for spark plugs?

yea the locker thing is a complete lie unless their roller setup is lame.

I picked up NGK V power spark plugs for about $4 each at auto zone. I like em and if you search, you'll see that many prefer either NGK, Champion, autolites. Dont get those stupid e3 plugs

. . . they say the vacuum lines are all bad which i think is b.s. idk what else to do . . .
Now that you have the schematic you could go to the junk yard and pull all the lines you need. I picked up the full set of emission lines and vacuum bottle with lines plus TPS, IAC and a few other three letters items for under $20-. Heat shrink tubing can help splice the lines.

Mike

ok so i manged to rip i all out. everything was mickey moused together by some brilliant plumber. had to melt down b weld where he used it on the egr valve inlet!!! now that the hard parts done i can start finding out what lines i need in such.....

Back