• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wanted: Drop Pitman Arm and...

Mdub

NAXJA Forum User
Need a 1.5"-2" drop Pitman Arm, also looking for a new steering gear box. I think the box is contributing to my minor DW, the shaft is pretty wobbly (no smart remarks needed). The pitman arm I have is just hosed. Anyone have either?

Last edited:
i made a junkyard run today and picked up a ZJ pitman arm. i will let you have it for $30.

i made a junkyard run today and picked up a ZJ pitman arm. i will let you have it for $30.

Are they "dropped" compared to an XJ? Will they fit an XJ box (I assume a ZJ and XJ box are the same). If so, deal. Also, you can help me troubleshoot this b-yaatch some more. Can you swing by Tuesday or Thursday?

Are they "dropped" compared to an XJ? Will they fit an XJ box (I assume a ZJ and XJ box are the same). If so, deal. Also, you can help me troubleshoot this b-yaatch some more. Can you swing by Tuesday or Thursday?

i am laid off right now, so i may be able to head up your way after junkyarding. and yes, the zj is about 1" of a drop compared to our stock xj pitman arms. i am running a zj arm on my junk and it helped to bring everything back to more like how it should be. let me run to the garge and see if i can find my old pitman arm to snap a pic compared to the zj arm.

ok dub, i found my old stock one and snapped some pics of it with the zj arm.
1000667e.jpg

zj left, xj right

1000668r.jpg

xj top, zj bottom

sorry the second pic is so blurry. my cam hates to take pics at night. i am told that the zj pitman arm is about an inch lower than the stock xj one.

the zj box i believe is similar to the xj (same mounting) but has a different ratio in it. i recently read a thread on someone swapping in a zj box, but i belive it would give the xj a better on road responce. i am always on the look out for a durango steering box, so if i come accross an extra one, i will be sure to snag it up for you.

Stewie, that pitman looks perfect. I'll take it.

John, I'd love to get my hands on that steering box too. How do we hook up?

Stewie, bring the pitman to Rockfest. John, will you be there?

i will bring at least one with me. i picked up another at the jy today.

Back