• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Springs vs shackles

XJMK

aka boredchimp
I'm slowly putting together my list for upgrading from a 3" to 4-5" lift. What are the pros and cons of keeping my current leaf springs and getting a lift shacke or even the shakle relocation bracket kit from HD Engineering vs just getting some bigger springs?

My leafs actually still sit (4 years old) at 3.5", so they're not saggy. I was basically wondering if the new springs would eventually flex better than my current ones would with new shackles. Any input is appreciated.

i think if you get the shackles and the brackets, you should reach your goal of just over 4" net lift. as well as the better shackle angle = smoother ride.

according to Brian (shackle bracket guy) at a ~45* shackle angle, you should gain 5/8" to 3/4" lift.
plus from what i have been reading, you gain more down travel with a longer shackle at the correct angle.

Back