• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

installing radios

pull the old unit out look at the wires sometimes they are labled if not pull a speaker look at the color of the wires going to that speaker read the instructions find out wich wires coming out of the new unit go to that speaker and wire it up and do that for the rest your power wires are a solid red, solid yellow , and of corse solid black wire is ground or you can buy the adapter that plugs into the factory harness the choice is yours

i have a rather crappy kenwood radio in my jeep, and i want to swap it out with a better one. but i have no clue how to do it, help?

go to crutchfield.com then click on car audio and video (towards the left, top on the homepage) then answer the questions about your current stereo.
crutchfield will give you ALL you need to install the new radio...including the new wiring harness. Just plug in and go!!!

hope this helps!

What year is your xj? If its a 97-2001, then just pull the plastic bezel surounding the AC controls and the radio. It just clips on there and should come easily if you pull from the bottom. Then, unscrew the two screws holding in the radio. Next, pull the radio and disconnect the harness and the antenna connections. Then, put the new deck in and put everything back together reverse order.

why are you replying to a three week old thread?

pull the old unit out look at the wires sometimes they are labled if not pull a speaker look at the color of the wires going to that speaker read the instructions find out wich wires coming out of the new unit go to that speaker and wire it up and do that for the rest your power wires are a solid red, solid yellow , and of corse solid black wire is ground or you can buy the adapter that plugs into the factory harness the choice is yours

Buy a wiring harness from the local walmart for an 84-2001 Cherokee they are all the same. but a new head unit match the wires from the head unit to the wires on the harness. Its all plug and play once its wired up

Back