• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front end noise (rustys)

*xj-man*

NAXJA Forum User
Well its been about 6 months since the lift (6.5 rustys la) and i get this clunking noise everytime i accerlerate, (and in 4wd) and now its really making me mad. I took off the track bar made sure everything was tight and that wasnt the problem.. so i was wondering what it can be? thanks

its the threads on the arms at the rail and where the UCA links to the Lower. crap design. he will tell you to grease them but it doesn't help. a complete redesign of the arms with JJ's or RE joints using jam nuts would be the best.

already checked the track bar and that wasnt the problem greased both sides even got a new track bar mount.. ill torque them and see if thats it but i dont think so..

*xj-man* said:
so you're saying..replace the bushings with flex joints or jj's? would either of them fit?
no, it would take some minor fabbing. witha welder
thats definetely where the noise is coming from

jjvande said:
check motor mounts, tighten jam nuts if there are any on that lift...
that lift does not. good call on the motor mounts, sometimes the bolt that holds the top clamp down works its way loose. or the rubber is split

It's most likely where the adjustable arms adjust. They get play in the threads after being driven, installing jam nuts works until you flex it several times and the jam nuts work loose. Alot of people get them adjusted and then weld them solid. Mine opinion on the Rusty's kit I had was it was junk. From the weak tracbar all the way back to the sagging rear springs. JUNK!

Back