• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jeep shuts off

matthagey

NAXJA Forum User
Just bought a 2000 cherokee. For about a day the check engine light was on. I figured it was because it sat for so long before I bought it. It went away the next day and hasnt come back on. Today I was driving about 55-60 mph and the jeeps engine shut off. I also lost power steering. All electrical still worked. It started back up after about 2 tries. It did it 3 times in about a half an hour. Any help would be great. Thanks

It is probably the CKP (crank position sensor), but could be fuel pump related too. This thread covers about everything on a 2000. It did end up being the CKP. This is the sensor on the bell housing that gives the spark and injectors their timing and also tells the computor that the motor is running so that it won't shut off the spark and fuel. http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=979567&highlight=stalls+warm

Back