• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lexan?

lilkuff

NAXJA Forum User
i did search but theres not a whole lot here. does anybody make a lexan windshield for an xj? its not street driven so thats not problem.

Its not like you waited very long, you posted on Sunday afternoon and expected people to respond.

No, its pretty unlikely you'll find a Lexan or any Polycarbonate windshield. With the heat coming off of the hood, and the sun trail rigs tend to sit in, polycarbonate has a habit of getting soft and sagging.

There was a company making Lexan TJ hoods for a while, they would get soft in the center, and then melt, wrapping around the engine. ;)

I don't remember who it was, but I talked to a company in CA that made a Lexan windshield. The build a lot of them for drag cars. They said as long as you had a windshield they could use as a template. They were about $500.

Just remember it will probably only last a few run and you wont be able to see through it because of all the scratches.... granted it wont brake.

I had one on mine for about a year. Until I found a place that sold glass for $85 w/install.
Home depot has lexan for about $75. Place on opening mark and trim. Also don’t use the windshield wiper and it helps to wax it.

thanks. i only need it to last about a year and i dont have wipers anyway so it should be fine. iu was just hoping ther was an alternitive to glass. i like to push the jeep and im sick of cleaning up broken glass

Get rid of the windshield, then dust and mud on the windshield won't ever be a problem. :D

Back