• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

good replacement rear bumper ?

Matt89XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Got backended and I have decided it is time to put some steel on the backend can people recommend some good solid replacement rear bumpers for a 97 cherokee ?

Don't need rear tire carrier but if the bumper can take one that is a bonus.

thx

Matt

Ya definatly search around a bit, or hit the scrap yard and get some C-channel like i did :D

I've had a Tomken on for about 7 years now, simple and has a built in 2" receiver. One recommendation, order it without their powder coat, mine was crap after 2 years. I got most of it off and now I just hit it with rustoleum as needed. Does a good job of transferring the crumple zone to the other vehicle.

thanks !

I have searched around some already and have been leaning towards
the C4x4 bumper, although most of them look nice. Just want to hear
what others like. I see a few here I had not seen before.

Matt

I put a Warn bumper on the rear of my 2000 XJ. Has a tire carrier bolted to it that can haul up to a 150 pound tire. It is pretty heavy. Look at it at Warn.com
You have to buy through a dealer though. Got mine special ordered through cabelas.com . It was expensive to both buy and drop ship though.

smurfitranger

I put a Warn bumper on the rear of my 2000 XJ. Has a tire carrier bolted to it that can haul up to a 150 pound tire. It is pretty heavy. Look at it at Warn.com
You have to buy through a dealer though. Got mine special ordered through cabelas.com . It was expensive to both buy and drop ship though.

smurfitranger

Yea, I was going to order one a few years ago when I ordered my two front warns for the TJ's, $400 for both TJ's and WOWOWOWOWOW on the rear warn for the XJ... I settled on the $200 Tomken.

Back