• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

drivetrain ventilation mods

emr1101

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everyone, I run air compressor hoses to my differentials as breather lines into the stock locations on the frame, i want to run them to some sort of junction box type device under the hood that makes it more difficult for water and debris to contaminate the lines, possbily running the tubes up my snorkel neck.

Anyway, I was wondering where the t-case and transmission breathers are at? I dont think the AX15 has one, does it? But some have told me the NP231 does, and some have said it does. Can anyone help me out?

well my 88 np231 transfer case had a small nipple on the top where the line goes-as for my nv3550 trans there used to be a small raised nipple thingy with a loose cap that was crimmped to it-I removed the pressed in pipe thingy and tapped the hole for a brass fitting -did not drill it out either it was the correct size-almost like the factory INTENDD to tap it but could not afford the finish maching pocess????:gag:
well any ways I have not looked at an ax15 but i am willing to say it has the same pressed in thingy too...........:rolleyes:

iirc, one of the early military jeeps did just this.... it would basically run the lines like you said, and put some positive pressure into the lines to keep all water out, allways seemed like a good idea to me, just keep the pressure low enough to not splooge out oil.... sounds like a writeup in the making....

Back