• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AX-15 trans fluid leak

MattyO

NAXJA Forum User
i recently replaced the fluid in my AX-15 which went well and it seems to shift a lot smoother for a vehicle with 200,000 on the clock.my problem is now flip foward about 3 weeks . . .every time i park the jeep somewhere no matter how long (could be 5 minutes , could be 2 days) i get a drip the size of a nickel thats coming off the cross member.i checked everything and everything i touched is tight and leak free and i thought i may of overfilled it a bit and it was leaking past the vent hose because it was moist around there but i noticed a sensor directly under the vent hose and it seems to be leaking out of there like an oil pressure sensor type leak.does anyone know what this sensor is or have any experience with it leaking from this location??i rechecked the fluid this morning and its still full so its not leaking that much but it smells like gear fluid anywhere within 2 feet of the jeep and the cross member and everywhere around it is saturated in gear fluid.sorry for the long post but i thought with more info it may be easier to diagnose.

Sounds like your transfer case indicatior light switch is leaking fluid.

Back