• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

96 roll over, now won't start?

xjtrailrider

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
OK, after searching I have found that there is a ASR relay in the relay box that could have come loose and also there is check valve in the tank that may have shut and now the tank is going to need replacing? I'm also going to check the NSS.

I bought this roll over to part out and I need to start it to drive it on the trailer and to drive it into the garage, thats all. Any ideas other than just squirting fuel into the TB.

96 AX15 with less than 100k on it, light roll over, cranks but wont start.

Check all fluids.
Remove all spark plugs and crank engine over to remove any fluids in the cylinders.
Check for fuel pressure at the rail.

Try to start ....

Nick

Check all fluids.
Remove all spark plugs and crank engine over to remove any fluids in the cylinders.
Check for fuel pressure at the rail.

Try to start ....

Nick

I'm picking it up today and plan on doing all of that. I was told by the body shop where it is sitting that they tried to start it and it would crank but no luck. Thats all the info I have.

Might need to take off the TB and make sure oil didn't get in the MAP--dunno if that would cause it to not start, but definitely worth looking at.

I got it started without any trouble, I pulled the plugs and cranked it, then re-installed and it still would not start. I checked fuel pressure and natta, swapped the fuel pump relay with the AC relay and swapped the ASD relay with another not needed(can't remember which one) and she started right up. Smoked for about 15 min. and cleared out.

Shorty, which hinges you need? PM me

Thanks for everyones help.

Back