• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Turbo City Thermo Housing

Does anyone know if turbo city is still making the high flow thermostat housing they used to? I need to replace mine and wanted to upgrade.

Not a lot of point to a high-flow housing, since the thermostat will still be restricting flow. The only case that would make it useful would be if the thermostat were removed entirely (generally not advised. Racers running sand thermostats usually run restrictor plates in their place.)

It appears that they're not needed. That being said, I think I read about someone porting theirs to be just like turbo city's or hesco and just using air tools.

After 20hrs of the diy port&polish job on the head, I figured I'd use the die grinder and standard abrasive kit on the housing--took all of 5min. Dunno if it's worth it or not, but you can easily see where the hard edges can be removed as well as some blending on the "short side radius".

I did the DIY with a Dremel tool and a sanding roll.Just knock down the hard edges and open it up a little.

Wayne

Back