• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HID conversion for Hella 500ff

if the hella 500FF's are anything like the regular hella 500's, just throw in some h3 HID conversions, and wire em up, works great...

tcm glx is here in socal, and can be found thru here at naxja, or http://www.bajahid.com/links/ couldnt be happier w/ mine.

i'll echo xcm here, convert them to HID and you will never go back to halogen bulbs. and tony is the man, he hooks it up good for members, shoot him a PM

Thanks for the kind words guys..

Philprof, feel free to PM me with questions...
Tony

It says one year warranty from the factory in the ad, just like the ones from bajahid.com. They all come from the same factory in some random foreign country anyway, you are kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

If tcm glx himself (meaning: you deal with the person you buy it from)is willing to stand behind the product he is distributing instead of relying on the factory to help with issues, good for him. That alone would be worth a few extra bucks imho.

But the product is the same, made to the same standards.

Its simply a personal decision.

Buy product "X" from a local distributor who is known for good customer service when things go wrong, but pay 60% higher costs.

OR

Buy the same product "X" from an unkown distrubutor who clearly states they wont be responsible 2 weeks down the road if the prouct should fail, but the manufacturer may help you out, and pay 60% less.

It says one year warranty from the factory in the ad, just like the ones from bajahid.com. They all come from the same factory in some random foreign country anyway, you are kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

If tcm glx himself (meaning: you deal with the person you buy it from)is willing to stand behind the product he is distributing instead of relying on the factory to help with issues, good for him. That alone would be worth a few extra bucks imho.

But the product is the same, made to the same standards.

Its simply a personal decision.

Buy product "X" from a local distributor who is known for good customer service when things go wrong, but pay 60% higher costs.

OR

Buy the same product "X" from an unkown distrubutor who clearly states they wont be responsible 2 weeks down the road if the prouct should fail, but the manufacturer may help you out, and pay 60% less.

and umm.....yeah with the higher 60% cost he allready has a replacement cost on his end covered!!!!! AND he will get a nother one from the factory when he sends it back as a defect................but hey thats what good customer service is REALLY about.:twak:

and umm.....yeah with the higher 60% cost he allready has a replacement cost on his end covered!!!!! AND he will get a nother one from the factory when he sends it back as a defect................but hey thats what good customer service is REALLY about.:twak:

So you would prefer to deal with the warranty and go to the factory yourself?
right on.. power to you!

great sales pitch.........................:gee:

Sorry, just not sure if you are trying to dig in to companies that like to treat customers with top priority, so that they do not have to deal with the mess of the factory. Thats all. And I am not throwing out a sales pitch, I believe in a business of referrals. And so far, it has done me well.

no it is just the american way-get the cheapest price they can for a decent product-I do agree about customer service but come on 60%? thats just advantage-I would rather get from good cust service by word of mouth but not at just a significant difference personally
damit I told myself this should not turn into another thing other than the original thread starter-I hate that---well then I here by state
"you should purchase by from what ever means fits you" that goes for just about anything in life-not just lights..........

Last edited:
Well that's good because I am typically only 10 percent above whatever you could find anywhere on ebay.

hmm did not know that......then my bad!
I was just thinking about that whole cheaper price anyway
It just dawned on to me why GM and Chrysler are going out and needed help
Think about it for a minute--------------why in the hell would i pay sooo much for a vehicle when i can get a "yoda or snneze on or honderr for ohhh so much less----------me for one work at a GM dealer as a medium duty tech working on duramax and any heavy duty volvo trucks that come in--and I will say although i get small items from foriegn countries I would NEVER get a foriegn auto or truck--I do support the local guy in a way.......
yeah i said volvo-made in sweden-but have USA made CUMMINS engines in them and a lot of parts in a VOLVO box say made in USA go figure that one out!!!!
and a lot of the GM trucks have CAT diesels too

Last edited:
Just a word for Tony, got my HIDs and E-code housing from him, great guy to deal with and the price was good. For me, it was a matter of do I trust some unknown eBay seller or someone with a vested interest in the community?

to further explain the draw of someone 'local'... i pm'd tony on a saturday afternoon, and had 4 kits in my hands by saturday evening, at great prices... i pretty much agree with stumpxj, and what he says makes perfect sense, except tony gives good prices, and even better service., so it really doesnt match up to this situation specifically... i doubt im the only person who feels this way, but a factory warranty isnt worth ANYTHING... there are VERY few exceptions. I had an hid ballast that i thought was acting up, so when i was going to pickup more lights, i mentioned it to him, and he was 100 percent willing to take care of me.... but before i left i tested it, and it turned out to be my own wiring though.... this is why people are raving about him, he goes above and beyond ANY ebay seller ive ever dealt with...

DO NOT BUY THOSE EBAY CONVERSIONS if you like customer service!!!!

I bought some directly from VVME and they sent them... i signed for them @ the post office thinking hey, it should all be here. NOT!! i was missing one ballast when i opened the kit. i tryed calling them. [asian voice]"thank you for calling vvme, this phone number is for wholesale deallers only. please email us with any questions.

So i email them telling them my situation... A week later they email back "sorry you signed for them and we dont believe your situation."

I am hot!!!

wtf kinda customer service is this.

After about a month of screwing around with them saying no... i had to buy the effing ballast and pay shipping on top of that...long story short i needed headlights...

They do not back up any thing as far as customer service... YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!

eeek !! i hope you gave em a negative feedback....
how are you supposed to check them without signing for it....
this isnt a materials delivery, where they give you an invoice that you check while offloading.... i feel your pain, ebay sucks ass... theres nothing wrong with trying to make money... but people on ebay are some of the greediest people out there... especially those who import stuff for resale in the U.S.
=\

Back