• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need Info and Ideas on Check engine light codes

DementedXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hi everyone. First of i have a 98 XJ with the 4.0 and auto. well I just got done driving home from work when all of a sudden the CEL came on. Nothing changed with the XJ. Still ran the same and shifted fine. Came home and checked the codes and i got a p0700 and p0740.

The p0700 is Trans control system malfunction EATX fault present
the p0740 is TCC Circuit Malfunction TCC system performance

well i drove it a lil and it seems fine. also the CEL went off the 3rd time i started it today. dunno if its a intermitant thing or what.. any ideas at all????

guess i should have posted a question on Which 3" lift to buy and hid this in there somewhere so i might get some response LOL LOL.. well hopefully all is well since it hasn't come back on yet, Thanks anyway

OK, just so you get an answer, I'll post: Geez, I don't know.

That's the problem. Nobody knows. I'd look at connectors to see if there's something corroded or loose, perhaps a bad ground somewhere, but this sort of thing can be pretty hard to trace if it's intermittent.

Back