• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

no brakes

cheapjeep99

NAXJA Forum User
ive bled the crap out of my brakes after putting a new master cyl and 2 front calipers and 2 rear wheel cyl....all because i hit the peddal once and it goes to the floor then after 2 or 3 it pumps up.....ive ran at least half a gallon of brake fluid through it to clear the air out...and when i put on the master cyl...i bench bled it..so it should have been fine...the only thing in my system thats not new is the proportioning valve....thats it...my brakes should feel like new now..but dont and im stumped

Have you made sure you don't have any leaks in the lines or connectors. Take a look at your rubber hoses, make sure they don't bulge outwards when you press on the pedal.

If you say you pump it a few times and it gets harder, that means you have air in the lines. How did you bleed the brakes? You went RR, LR, RF, LF correct?

yeah...i did it in sequence...and the rubber lines are fine..and ive bled and bled....using both vaccum bleder and the good old fashoned pump and bleed ....and it still dont get any better

Did you get the calipers on the correct side. The bleeders have to be at the top. I wouldn't think of this, but someone else had that problem. The air doesn't bleed out. Some models of the rear are different from side to side also.

Back