• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rrmoving LCA Bolt

Rammin97

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone have any ideas how to remove an LCA bolt that is frozen to the Sleeve? The other three uncrewed no problem. The last one, of course, is spinning inside the the rubber bushing. Thanks

What I usually do it tighten the bolt down extremely tight. That that does is crushes the sleeve slightly and breaks the 'rust seal'. Then remove it.

Start 2 nuts on the bolt and lock them down. Use a hammer to knock on the nuts while turning the bolt. Or just cut the bolt on each side of bushing.

if it's just binding then manipulate the position of the axle with a floor jack so that the arm isn't twisted.

Thanks for the input. i should of thought of tightening it first. The other 3 came out fine although they were a bear and i don't have airtools.The bolt is just clear of the mount so i cant put a nut on it or anything for that matter. no going forward, no going back. im just gonna cut it off and replace it.. My first build so I'm learnin as i go..This site has been very helpful and less flaming too..LOL Thanks Again!!

Be sure if you relpace it to use a grade 8. I always use G8 on every thing I replace. FWIW

Back