• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

And things were going so good....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avanteone

NAXJA Forum User
So, some of you who have been here a while probably remember the issues with NAXJA not wanting me to promote my business here. Here's a PM I received this morning from Lobsterdmb, the NAXJA president:

"Your signature is in violation forum rules. No commercial posting allowed within your signature unless you are a paid NAXJA Sponsor. Please change it ASAP."

My response, which I felt I'd share:

Here we go again.

Honestly, this has been an ongoing issue for several years. I really have no desire to be a National Vendor. I do not do mail order, internet sales, ship parts all over the country, etc. I am a small local shop; selling parts, modifying and servicing vehicles of those in the NW Chapter only. I very strongly support the NW Chapter, sponsoring the raffle at the annual NW Fest (I donated a winch last year), sponsoring a huge free BBQ dinner at NWFest, etc. I have volunteered time to host work parties, Meet and Greets, and done everything else I can to help out in the NW Chapter. I HAVE inquired about fulfilling the requirements in becoming a vendor and PM's, emails, etc. went UNANSWERED by the previous group in charge. IF becoming a national vendor is what it takes in order to promote my small business in the NW Chapter, then I will do what I can to fulfill those requirements. I think it's bullshit that members can post other websites in their signatures, etc, yet I catch flack for merely posting my shop's number in my signature. Hell, one of your moderators works for me. I VERY rarely even venture OUT of the NW Chapter. So, unless someone in there has complained about it, I'm not fully understanding the issue.

John Mathews

Hey John, get in contact with Cal - he'll get you set up.

the stuff you donate for the NWFest raffle, ought to get you in at the 'Tin' level sponsorship anyway - so it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

PM Sponsorship to get all the details, but it shouldn't be all that bad.

http://naxja.org/forum/member.php?u=38559

Also, there has been a significant 'change of the guard' in the sponsorship department in the past 7? months? the program is running much smoother now.

Cal just had a good friend pass, so it may be a little bit before he gets back to ya, but I guarantee that he wont be ignoring you. :thumbup:

good info here:
http://sponsorship.naxja.org/sponsorshipfaq.html

And I did drop a check in the mail to ya yesterday - look for it either today or on Monday.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Hey John, get in contact with Cal - he'll get you set up.

the stuff you donate for the NWFest raffle, ought to get you in at the 'Tin' level sponsorship anyway - so it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

PM Sponsorship to get all the details, but it shouldn't be all that bad.

http://naxja.org/forum/member.php?u=38559

Also, there has been a significant 'change of the guard' in the sponsorship department in the past 7? months? the program is running much smoother now.

Cal just had a good friend pass, so it may be a little bit before he gets back to ya, but I guarantee that he wont be ignoring you. :thumbup:

good info here:
http://sponsorship.naxja.org/sponsorshipfaq.html

And I did drop a check in the mail to ya yesterday - look for it either today or on Monday.
Thanks!

Yeah, I've tried all of that before. All PM's went ignored. But I will try again.

Wow this is just silly. It's a small local shop that's not pimping stuff all over the NAXJA board.

It is unfair to paid sponsors of NAXJA if his "advertisement" is allowed to remain simply because he "rarely ventures out of the chapter". The rules are in place for a reason. Johnny's pm was an impartial response to a violation of those rules. And I'm a little disappointed that John decided this needed to be "seen" by the general membership. But it is what it is.

John, as long as you have been around you know how things changes with each new board. We are trying to iron out all of the kinks and issues that have arisen over the years and not taken care of. We have a very solid sponsorship program in place now that is not likely to fall apart. I'd appreciate it if you could bear with the new process. Promoting your business in your chapter is completely acceptable by their rules. But your signature can be seen forum wide. And I'm sorry, but staying in the chapter just doesn't grant you an exception. I'm sorry the past BOD was unhelpful to you. I can promise you this one will be. The rest is up to you.

Opie, the tin level is a cash only sponsorship. If he wants to go higher and "pay" by way of product donations, that is fine. But he will not get to choose where his donations go. It would probably be in his best interest to go with the $150 cash payment for tin level; then continue to directly support NWFest as he chooses.

Last edited:
Opie, the tin level is a cash only sponsorship. If he wants to go higher and "pay" by way of product donations, that is fine. But he will not get to choose where his donations go. It would probably be in his best interest to go with the $150 cash payment for tin level; then continue to directly support NWFest as he chooses.

Not entirely true - Cal has been very good at working with vendors to make individual packages to suit their needs - and we (the BOD) have placed trust in Cal's decisions in the past.

I think the key here is for John and Cal to talk :thumbup:

And people wonder why my name remains un-red...:dunno:
thats not the spirit.. This is a great forum that costs alot of money to run. if you use something, support it.

Now, without being hypocritical, im broke as hell and am living buck by buck right now, the gas in my rig is from taken soda cans back. if i had $35 i wouldnt really notice missing, my name would be red:compwork:

so they're restricting the rules, avanteone has been here for along time. and he has givin more to this forum in technical and financial support then most, his opinion and knowledge on this forum is well respected, and I'm sure things will get worked out.

Because of that, he'l be paying for another year of support aswell, this is just something that should have been taken care of "Behind the scenes" although, i completely agree with him in the Original post.

:dunno:

And people wonder why my name remains un-red...:dunno:

Nope.

So, some of you who have been here a while probably remember the issues with NAXJA not wanting me to promote my business here. Here's a PM I received this morning from Lobsterdmb, the NAXJA president:

"Your signature is in violation forum rules. No commercial posting allowed within your signature unless you are a paid NAXJA Sponsor. Please change it ASAP."

My response, which I felt I'd share:

Here we go again.

Honestly, this has been an ongoing issue for several years. I really have no desire to be a National Vendor. I do not do mail order, internet sales, ship parts all over the country, etc. I am a small local shop; selling parts, modifying and servicing vehicles of those in the NW Chapter only. I very strongly support the NW Chapter, sponsoring the raffle at the annual NW Fest (I donated a winch last year), sponsoring a huge free BBQ dinner at NWFest, etc. I have volunteered time to host work parties, Meet and Greets, and done everything else I can to help out in the NW Chapter. I HAVE inquired about fulfilling the requirements in becoming a vendor and PM's, emails, etc. went UNANSWERED by the previous group in charge. IF becoming a national vendor is what it takes in order to promote my small business in the NW Chapter, then I will do what I can to fulfill those requirements. I think it's bullshit that members can post other websites in their signatures, etc, yet I catch flack for merely posting my shop's number in my signature. Hell, one of your moderators works for me. I VERY rarely even venture OUT of the NW Chapter. So, unless someone in there has complained about it, I'm not fully understanding the issue.

John Mathews

John We hope you know that your support of the NWC is appreciated and I'm sure the current BOD is not taking this action because you keep supplying Eli with enough money to stay active in this hobby... :rolleyes: Then again...

Change
Because going from bad to worse is still a change.
_ _ _ _ _ is sure living up to his campaign promises to stop the goverment overspending.​

Change - 'cause that's all we have in our pockets now. :twak:

dont let the door hit ya on the way out:rolleyes:

I hope you relise its people like you, with the attitude you carry, that shoves people away from this "great forum". I am one to agree that what naxja stands for and helps preserve is well worth the membership fee...but the money spent turns worthless when ego freaks hit the 'post reply' button and start typing, thus ruining the experience and enjoyment of the common poster. Frankly, I don't blame H for feeling that the red name isn't worth the mullah.

As for this topic: I really hope it all works out well John. Im sorry if the BOD feels your phone number is taking away business from paying sponsors. 150 bucks for a relatively small representation seems whacko to me...its also wacko that a local, family owned shop can't advertise themselves because the man is hacking down on them. Best of luck with it all. :thumbup:

-Lyle

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back