• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Front leaf springs??

ratakill

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all, new here so I dont know If this is where I should post this ?
I was told to check on some write ups here for front leaf spring conversions. I have a 98 xj. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

welcome. first things first. you will learn on here that searching is a very good idea.
a lot of things have been covered numerous times, and it gets tiresome explaining the same things over and over again.

so, in short search for threads containing information on front leaf springs...

a good place to start is at the bottom of this thread. there is a small quick link box. go to those threads and read up

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=27835

that is the front leaf spring thread

I know it's been done on XJ's, but I wouldn't do it. JMO...

The front coil set-up can be made to work so well with CA drop brackets or long arms, etc that I don't see the extra work and expense to be worth it at all.

The approach angles on the front leafed XJ's I've seen were bad too, and they won't outperform a good coil set-up in front.

Back in the day, a local guy here built a leaf front set-up on his XJ with a 10" lift. (we thought that was cool back then...)
He was running 33's. (on a 10" lift- YUK!)

My XJ had 32's on a 5" lift, and my approach angle was better than his...

Back