• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

engine rebuilding guide?

whatevah

It's Yellah!
Are there any engine rebuild guides available online for the mighty 4.0? I looked around a bit, but couldn't find anything good. I'm searching the forum now. As soon as it gets warm enough, I have to figure out what's making an incredibly loud knock somewhere in the head.

I'm sure it's actually quite simple like most things, but I've never done internal engine work before. Being laid off, I don't have the option to pay a shop to do this, so it's up to me to fix my poor Jeep. Lemme tell ya, I REALLY miss driving it.:bawl:

I just dug my Haynes book out of the stuff in my XJ, section 2D is on engine overhaul, and it actually looks like it may be helpful. The last two times I looked at the book, it was pretty vague. Looks like I need to buy more tools, lucky me!

Good luck on your engine work. Nothing in the head should be making that much noise. Have you pulled out the spark plugs to see what they look like. And with them out, you can rotate the motor by hand and see if it turns smoothly. Sure hope the economy turns around so we can all get back to work.

Back