• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

aw4 hanging in gears?? why?

paroxysym

NAXJA Forum User
I've noticed my tranny keeps hanging in 2nd to 3rd. Then I have to let off to get it to drop to overdrive. It justs atrted doing it lately. Tps? Any ideas? Fluids fine in it. Its a 95 with 110k.

What does fluid is fine mean? Level? Replace resently? Temp?

I've noticed my tranny keeps hanging in 2nd to 3rd. Then I have to let off to get it to drop to overdrive. It justs atrted doing it lately. Tps? Any ideas? Fluids fine in it. Its a 95 with 110k.

Very easy to replace - literally a 10 minute job. It's right up top on the throttle body held on with two screws. The screws are probably torx head, so you might need to get the right size driver.

No adjustment is needed on a 95. On the older pre-92 Jeeps, the mounting holes for the sensor were slotted and you adjusted it by rotating the sensor to get the right voltage before snugging the screws down. Usually just putting the new one in the same position as the old one was close enough. The later sensors, like yours, only mount in one position so not adjustment is even possible.

Back