• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RTI ?

Mike H.

NAXJA Forum User
If the vertical measurement (ground to ramp/tire interface) is 34"...
What is the RTI?
I'm thinking 34"/sin20*=99.4... then, XJ wheelbase is 101"? 99.4/101 gives me ~980RTI ?

Last edited:
Depends on your ramp angle.

By your "sin20" statement, can we assume a 20deg ramp?

If so, per the second calc, you are about right.

If a 30 deg ramp, about 670 something.

Nice link!

cool... 984...
2.5" lift, 33's and a 984rti...
Not too shabby...
LT%20flat%20side.jpg

LT%20frnt%203-4.jpg

LT%20front.jpg

A good example of running 33's with trim.

I occasionally play on the ramp at Attica, but I'm very careful and have a spotter. I've seen too many rollovers.

Nice budget wheeler!
I'm not sure what that means?
I'm running 4.56's, true trac's, 4:1-231 with SYE, currie front and rear driveshafts, tnt chassis reinforcing, tnt belly up, Rubicon Express super flex arms, currie HD steering, KOR trac bar, Rigidco front bumper, C-Rok rear bumper OME coils/leafs and shocks...
It's not exactly budget, but I guess the fact that it appears to be makes me happy. :).

this is wayyy off topic but where did ya get the hardware and mounting plate for your OME steering stabilizer?

can ya get some close up pics of it?

I am having trouble finding the type of bolt to use...

I'm not sure what that means?
I'm running 4.56's, true trac's, 4:1-231 with SYE, currie front and rear driveshafts, tnt chassis reinforcing, tnt belly up, Rubicon Express super flex arms, currie HD steering, KOR trac bar, Rigidco front bumper, C-Rok rear bumper OME coils/leafs and shocks...
It's not exactly budget, but I guess the fact that it appears to be makes me happy. :).

Hehe...no insult meant.
I just figured the 2.5" lift w/no LA implied budget.

Nice rig! :thumbup:

That is Currie Enterprises. It comes with the upgraded steering.

thanks man, a lot better then the one rusty offroad has...

i may be going to arizona for school next yr... :spin1:

i've never heard someone who likes the outdoors say they dislike Arizona...
you can camp and wheel year 'round... and in the outdoors, there are no flies!!!

Im new to the RTI but what does the degree of the ramp matter? I thought you could lift it straight up with a forklift as long as you get the height off the floor measurement.

I just read all that stuff in the link posted near the beginning of the thread, I still cannot understand how the degree of the ramp makes a difference. Is there some factor of how difficult it is to get up the ramp involved? I figure 34.5in is 34.5in no matter whether you drive up the ramp at 20* or 23* or use a forklift and lift it straight up. Its probably simple, I just cant see it.

Last edited:
it is simple, and you are right.
thing is, typically, folks simply measure the distance travel'd up the ramp then divide by wheelbase to get RTI. So, in this method the ramp angle (lets sat 30*) will effect RTI as you will travel less inclinded distance to achieve the same heaight as you would on a 20* ramp.
I assume they measure distance along the incline to keep the math simple, but, you are right, what is really driving the number is the vertical distance, not the incline distance.

Back