• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wheel stud question

projectTK

NAXJA Forum User
I feel stupid asking this but does anyone know the exact size for a dana 60 currie axle wheel stud? I pounded a few striped ones out then autozone gave me the 1/2"X20 and i can pull them half way through with my hand. Idk what else to do, i put it half way in from the back put a nut on it slow drive it in with airgun then it comes in then just spins. Then i can push it out and put it all the way through with nothing pulling it. Any suggestions?

Call Currie?
dunno.gif

Billy

i need a solution now. Its up on jack stands in my parents garage.

Well, you could have called them 2 hours ago! Studs are very specific! There are thousands and thousands of possible combination. My only other suggestion would be to take one out and take it down to NAPA or Les Schwab or something.

Good luck!
Billy

Well, you could have called them 2 hours ago! Studs are very specific! There are thousands and thousands of possible combination. My only other suggestion would be to take one out and take it down to NAPA or Les Schwab or something.

Good luck!
Billy

WHAT!? thousands and thousands? I worked in a parts store for a few years and we had maybe 60 different studs and only for a kia or something strange did we not have studs for - what you need SHOULD be pretty common - I doubt currie would use something oddball.......but hey ya never know

WHAT!? thousands and thousands? I worked in a parts store for a few years and we had maybe 60 different studs and only for a kia or something strange did we not have studs for - what you need SHOULD be pretty common - I doubt currie would use something oddball.......but hey ya never know

Well, let's see... there is...
Overall length
Head size
Thread length
Thread pitch
Thread diameter
Knurl diameter
Knurl length
Knurl spacing

How many different combinations do you come up with?
Billy

Back