• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

exhaust

no converter is cheaper and easier more hp and less weight:rtm:

FAIL! The HP gain from ditching your cat is so minute it won't affect anything. No Cat sounds bad on a 4.0 anyways. Drag cars do sound badass without them they can get away with it because they aren't road legal!

If he is planing to keep it on the road here in PA he needs both cat and Muffler.

I like your setup, but I would bump it up to a 50 series muffler, I have a 40 on my 98 and a 50 on my 96, and the 98 it WAY to loud for me on the Hwy but the 96 is purrrfect just my humble opinion.

Also... I am not sure where you are in PA, but there is a shop about 15 minutes from me, it was cheaper for me to get the cat+Muffler installed then I could have bought it, and the custom bent tubing to run 2.5 the whole way out...

does anyone know if the magnaflow hiflow cat has to be welded on? or can i use some clamps?

I'm using the magnaflow high flow cat, part #93060, with 02 sensor bung. I welded it on, but you could use clamps if you want to. I bought the cat brand new for $60 shipped on ebay. Spent $20 for a Cherry Bomb Turbo Muffler at Autozone and another $10 for an 18" straight pipe and turn-down tip. I put the 18" pipe between the cat and muffler and then put the tip right after the muffler. Works great and sounds great. Real beefy sounding.

For $90, to have a complete exhaust including cat, you can't beat it! It saved some weight too, as the stock exhaust is heavy as all hell!

Back