• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Plastic Between Leaf springs....?

Andy in Pa.

NAXJA Member #180
Have any of you done this? What have you used? I am thinking of using HDPE (High Density Polyethylene) in 1/16" thickness. Delrin is a bit pricey for this application, and some of the more "teflon" based plastics are too soft and cold-flow too easily. My rear leafs are all taken apart right now, and I thought I would do this as well once I am ready to re-assemble them.

A.

There was a thread on this a long time ago......I believe could have been Goatman or BrentM that did this. It helped alot with the flex and movement in the leaf springs.

HDPE would work, but Im not sure on the thickness.

There was a thread on this a long time ago......I believe could have been Goatman or BrentM that did this. It helped alot with the flex and movement in the leaf springs.

I remember Goatman saying something about it a while ago, but I was not able to find any threads in my searching. Yeah, I am thinking HDPE would be good, any other folks with experience?

I think it was Goatman, but he did full teflon liners rather then the pads.

I have also heard of people having good luck with repainting the springs with graphite paint from TSH.

Andy, you might want to drop Gil Bullykatz a PM. I know he painted a leaf pack with SlipPlate a few years back.

Back