• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

98 window motor replacement

Michaelarchangelo

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, I have a new one on order, but I can't seem to figure out how to take it off the window. I took the screws out of the motor, but where it attaches to the bottom of the glass, I don't see how to take it off. It is a 4 door driver's front. thanks!

Did you get the motor or the whole motor and track replacement. If so how much and where at did you find it. The cheapest I found was 79 bucks.

I did this on my 98xj on the driver side and now have to get one for the passanger side. I took off the two bolts to the bottom of the glass and the bottom of the door. My old man held the glass up then I slid in the new motor and track it's on. bolted up the part to the glass first he then lifted it back up so I could bolt up the bottom part. plugged all the stuff back up pannel back on and back to normal.

Where did you find one for $79? I'm needing to do mine also and $79 sure beats the $150 I was finding...

but was it the motor or the whole track system. Alot of times the motor is fine and the track with that cord in the tube goes out.

I went to this website http://allchryslerparts.com/

Then sent them an email about the part and this is what they sent me back.

Mr.King,
This part is for the passanger side of your Jeep. Your cost on this part is $79.35. I do have this in stock. If you can give me your Zip code, I can get a shipping amount for you also.

Thanks
Shane

I did mine on my drivers side of my 98 last year. I ordered the full track and motor assy. Went in very easily as well. Althought the motor still worked on the old one....the track went to hell.

bustednutz said:
I did mine on my drivers side of my 98 last year. I ordered the full track and motor assy. Went in very easily as well. Althought the motor still worked on the old one....the track went to hell.

THat setup sucks how they did it. Same with the driver side and now the passanger side the motor still works but that track setup failed.

Back