• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AX15 Clutch pedal wont go down

Supermanxj

NAXJA Forum User
I did search...

95 Cherokee sport
4.0 Ax15/231
3 in lift.

Yesterday on my way home from work i pull out of work to get on the highway and as i try to shift into 2nd gear at about 2500 rpm. As i try to push in the clutch...nothing.it will not even budge.

so i try to lower rpms... still nothing.

So i pulled over and it finally compressed.

Since then this has happened a couple of times at different gears

I did check fluid.... still good

any ideas??

JOsh

sounds like ur clutch slave. theyre like 40 bucks at napa and easy to install. it did the same on my dads jeep and sure enough the slave piston was stuck

Last edited:
master or slave, or a combo of both. Much easier to do them both at the same time if you haven't changed them yet. Drop me a PM if you need the install procedure.

master or slave, or a combo of both. Much easier to do them both at the same time if you haven't changed them yet.
if u have the time yes do both. but most likely its ur slave. i had the same problem when it went out on my dads jeep

master or slave, or a combo of both. Much easier to do them both at the same time if you haven't changed them yet. Drop me a PM if you need the install procedure.

x2

they come as a preassembled unit, just get one from omix-ada, like $100-150, cant remember the exact price but very easy to swap

Back