• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3" Coils on 4.5" Control Arms??

2001XJ-32

NAXJA Forum User
So heres a question... If your running a 4.5" RE set up with a drop bracket and you swap out the 4.5" coil for a 3" coil. The suspension geometry would have a horizontal approach angle, a smig longer wheel base and ?? problems?

Seams like it would be a pretty cool set up. Chop the crap out of the fenders to run 33's?

What am I missing here?

the only thing i could think of would be coils not lined up entirely correctly, and possibly track bar binding up some. i don't think that either of these would really happen, considering that the difference in optimal control arm lenght between 4.5" and 3" springs is probably only 0.25" or so. JMO

At 3" of lift, most companies don't recommend DBs. They hang down lower and at such a low amount of lift the benefits would likely be outweighed by smacking them on rocks and roots.

Back