• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE tie rod.

REX J

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone have an opinion on the Rubicon Express tie rod? I'm going to be getting a 4.5"er from them and was thinking about upgrading the tie rod while i'm at it since the stock one seems so weak. Can't find any ZJ ones at the J-yard so figured i'd just splurge on a new one.

It's RE, whaddya expect? It'll be good.
I don't know the price, but a new ZJ one is same price thereabouts as a new XJ one. I like my ZJ tie rod because it eliminates a TRE.

It's RE, whaddya expect? It'll be good.
I don't know the price, but a new ZJ one is same price thereabouts as a new XJ one. I like my ZJ tie rod because it eliminates a TRE.

eliminates a TRE?

it eliminates a TRE adjusting sleeve(xj has 2 sleeves, zj has one sleeve) at the drag link end, but still has 2 TRE.

Same difference to my uneducated mind ;)It was that adjusting sleeve that seized on my stock tie rod, so I'm glad to be rid of it.

I have a 92 with the big drag link, the ZJ tie rod mod was well worth doing. picked mine up at Junk yard and replaced the outer TRE, total cost $45.00. i priced a new ZJ tie rod at auto zone, $59.00 and $30.00 for outer TRE. $89.00. and with the ZJ your gettin bigger TRE'S. RE's site says $165.00 for there tie rod + shipping. if you do trails and exploring type wheelin, and your not lifted much more than 4.5". this is a great bang for buck mod.

Back