• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

question about lift springs and removing/adding leaves

rocklandxjer

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys

i got a question for you guys, if anyones done it. i have the rustys 4.5 inch lift right, and i feel as though the rear rides a little harsh. so i wanted to know if i removed one of the (4 or 5) helper springs, and added a shackle if the set would be softer but keep the same height..

it has 6 leaves, how many do you think would be necessary for me to remove to make it so the shackle would keep the same height ( i dont wanna go heigher, no need to) and the springs would get softer

note i do not want to risk inverting the springs...

any help would be great guys.

Travis

now the best people to ask is rusty's, goto their web site and send them an email.

other than that would be someone that acutally did this before.

quote from website "frequently asked questions"

"The spring that we offer now is the best of both worlds. Some people that dont carry a load and want the softer ride will even pull the bottom 6th leaf out because they dont need the load capasity. The springs as well as all of Rusty's Off Road products carry a full Limited Lifetime warranty, which means that with a leaf spring; if it droops or breaks we replace, as long as it hasn't been in an accident or such."

http://rustysoffroad.com/faqs_2005.html

well lol looks like I should have done more research huh

thanks.

but the second part is still in question...

if i remove yet another leaf, would it droop enough to allow a shackle to be inserted without lifting much. id like the extra articulation and quietness (no clunking when the shackle hits the box.) if not, its no problem, i just dont want to go any higher, or risk inverting my springs...

Back