• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear sway bar

wvrefugee

NAXJA Forum User
Do you really need the sway bar for the rear end like you do for the front on the XJ? I'm having major difficulty with the lift and wheels I've purchased becasue of this clearance issue!
Advise!

the one from my DD xj is outside the garage in the snow bank

My 2001 is my daily driver and I ordered it from the factory with the Up Country suspension option. If you order this option it DOES NOT even have a rear anti-sway bar when the factory delivers it. I use mine for towing in high winds out west at times and have no problems at 70+ mph.

With an aftermarket suspension, the ride will be more stable, without the rear swaybar, than it was with it and the stock suspension. That rear swaybar hardly helps stability anyway. It is so flimsy.

I couldn't believe how much better my 97 cornered with the RE 3.5" lift than it did stock. It has far less body roll. I still keep the front sway bar hooked up on the highway.

I forgot about not having a rear swaybar. I sometimes forget to re-attach my front swaybar after off-roading. My front swaybar is still dis-connected for the last week. I've drivin about 300 city/hi-way miles since. No sharp turns though. No problems here, just a little body roll.:spin1:

Interesting development.....I dry fitted my new wheels (16x8 Rubicons) and they actually had much more clearance than the 15's. So, I'm not going to fight with the sway bar now...didn't even need the new SpiderTrax spacers I bought!! Crap!
Anyone want them???? :)

I forgot about not having a rear swaybar. I sometimes forget to re-attach my front swaybar after off-roading. My front swaybar is still dis-connected for the last week. I've drivin about 300 city/hi-way miles since. No sharp turns though. No problems here, just a little body roll.:spin1:

Mine is pretty stable with the front disconnected. I just like the tight cornering with it connected. I usually drive home, from the trail, with the front disconnected.

Back