• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Late model D30 shafts

x*BIGASSALEX*j

NAXJA Forum User
So I have a 87 XJ with a D30 up fron that is locked with a lockright lunchbox. I broke my shaft a few weeks ago at TDS in Ca.

I have a buddy that has late model XJ, dont know the exact year but for sure its a 2000 or newer.. he asked if I have a vacumm disconnect. Im assuming I do cuz I do have vacumm lines on my D30..

will the Axle shafts fit my 87 from a new D30? Looking at the pics what else would I need?

HPIM0847.jpg

HPIM0846.jpg

HPIM0842.jpg

HPIM0843.jpg

Thanks for your input...

Could you swap in the complete axle?

I believe the newer axle would have axle shafts with 30 splines and larger ujoints.******Brain Fart!

Last edited:
Drivers side is a straight swap.

Passenger side you can swap but you'll need to make a block off plate for the vacuum motor assly and you need to change out the axle seal on that side too.

Awesome, this is great news... I will have this swap done by this weekend.

I appreciate your rapid responses... Im glad I have the shafts lined up. Now I will just put the passenger in a karme thread.. since I will not be able to use that.

Back