• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hanger question for those running Turn downs ater the muffler

kboyts

NAXJA Forum User
For those of you who are running turn downs right after the muffler what are you doing for a hanger? I had a turn down when i first put it on but my hanger setup sucked and there was too much movement and the muffler fell off LOL.

I took it to an exhaust shop and he said the only way he could do it was to put a tailpipe back on and use the factory hanger.

So its been that way all winter but I really liked the sound much better with the turn down.

So how about some pics of everyones hanger setups please?
2thumbup.gif

IMG_2388.jpg

IMG_2387.jpg

IMG_2386.jpg

so is that the stock hanger moved down onto the frame rail, or another one just screwed into the rail? Its hard to picture where exactly its located from the closeups.

EDIT: Ok just went out and crawled under the jeep to compare. Looks like you relocated the stock hanger down to the frame rail? Looks like you have muffler exit closest to the side of the jeep vs the middle? Any problems with it there being to close to the shock/ ebrake cable heat wise?
thanks

Last edited:
Yes, it's the stock hangar just moved and welded to the frame in a different spot. I do have a problem with the heat of the exhaust roasting the passenger rear e-brake line. Fortunately so far, the e-brake still works. There's a plastic or rubber lining on the outside of the cable that has been melted/blasted off by the exhaust. But then again, I rarely use my ebrake.

Back