• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

long arms=rock rail interference?

Hellbent

NAXJA Forum User
so i'm looking at either the re 5.5" long arm set up, or the full traction 6.0" lift. i've already got a set of proto fab rails ready to go on, but it looks like the mounting for the long arms is going to be right in the way of the most forward mounting foot of the rails. the re kit is definitely going to be problematic as it mounts to the pinch seam as well(so do the rails), the full traction kit i'm not so sure about. i haven't been able to find any good pics of the arm mounting bracket on the "frame" for that kit. any ideas? i'm really leaning toward the full traction set up...

I have the full traction 6 in, i have jcr rock rails but i had them made to fit with the full traction kit here are some pics that i have i hope they help.
l_ee8ba422602145deb30cc192d47bc38c.jpg

l_cd7ff2344439432487ee3bfad5543010.jpg

l_f85ee16da5094e4c9e7b66a4048fc3d7.jpg

l_597fc4900a3b419784b205a04d91350b.jpg

by the way... i love my full traction lift it drives great on and off road, and it is a true 4 link no radius arms, good luck!

that's EXACTLY the view i was looking for, thank you very much. i'm guessing the "big" bolt towards the front of the bracket goes through/into the slotted hole in the frame? the foot on the protofab rails sits right behind there, about where the smaller bolts in the bracket are. shouldn't be too hard to modify the front leg to bolt right over the long arm bracket using those same two bolts. as much as i think re makes an excellent product, trying to make my rails work with their long arm kit would be a huge hassle i think.

Back