• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Duplicolor bedliner

vortex

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone used it? It is by far the cheapest per gallon (50 dollars) at the auto stores. Just want to know how well it worked for you guys.

thanks.

-PJ-

We sprayed it with a media gun on our Project YJ and it came out really nice. Its not rated for oils or gas so if you spill any of that on it it will likely bubble.

CopyofP1010014.jpg

P1010020.jpg

P1010021.jpg
P1010022.jpg

looks good, did you have to treat any rust?

Its my perferance, I like it because its not as ruff as the other bed liners. And it will scratch instead of taking a huge chunk out.

i used it for my bumpers and i really liked the stuff. unfortunately i put it on over bare metal and a new england winter really took its toll on them

I'll have to remember that Raptor stuff! 99 bucks and it comes with a spray gun, sounds great!

I used duplicolor on my halfdoors. It does not have the rough chunks in it like other brands, so texture depends on painting method. I used a regular textured roller, nice but it won't scrape you.

looks good, did you have to treat any rust?

There were very little spots of rust if any. It all came off with the initial sanding we did. Its been about a year since that picture and its still in great condition.

jjvande said:
herculiner

Herculiner is too rough. Its great being resistant to chemicals but its like 60 grit sandpaper. Too rough IMO.

I used herculiner on my brushguard. Great product, but you don't want to rub it too fast with any part of your body. It will take your skin off. Very rough.

I have it on the sides of my XJ and I don't like it. From 10 feet away, it looks like flat black paint, now I did use the spray cans so I'm sure that makes a little difference. It has been durable though, it's taken some hits and hasn't come off, just scratches.

I really like the look of that Raptor stuff! I'll have to get some of that.

I used it on my flares, tended to chip off the first time I tried it, however I sanded them back down and coated them again this time using adhesion promoter and clear top coat..... now the stuff is like steel, I bet a fat guy with ball bat couldn't hurt it!

Plasticoat reformulated their rattle cans, it's very black now & extremely flexable, as
a prior Duplicolor fan, Plasticoat stepped it up a notch......nice stuff.

I just used the Duplicolor bedliner on the inside of my M416 trailer. Got it at Advanced Auto for $45. I shook it for 2 minutes as instructed but the first 1/2 gallon came out with lots of solids, the next 1/2 was just thick. Looks decent, only used about 3/4 of the gallon. We'll see how it survives this summer.

Fred

Very strong solvent fumes. I wouldn't use it inside, speaking as a chemist.

Back